Now that we’ve got back into the hectic lifestyle here at home, I thought it might be nice to write a few reflective lines about the three weeks we spent away…
- Driving in Spain is just as hairy as in France, especially if a car decides to overtake you and the bus in front on a blind cliffside hairpin..
- Girona Airport is easy to park at and easy to catch a coach from.
- Barcelona is probably one of the great cities of the world…unless you live there of course, in which case, you’ll possibly hate it.
- When ordering a burger (even if the menu says it’s ‘gourmet’) be aware it’s supposed to be cooked all the way through.
- Because of my reckless disregard of the above, I became intimately familiar with the inner workings of Barcelona’s sewage system.
- There are still hidden gems to discover in Barcelona.
- It’s not always warm and sunny in Spain.
- It sometimes rains there….heavily.
- If you can pack an umbrella and a waterproof, you should.
- Girona’s population doubles during the Flower Festival.
- They all set their morning alarm for the same time.
- You can get pancakes, with cream, bananas and maple syrup for breakfast.
- Your sat nav can be annoying…..really, really annoying.
- Restaurants catering to tourists are similarly poor in Spain and France.
- Bass notes from modern dance music can defeat the best ear plugs and rattle heavy wooden shutters.
- We can model Kimono and not fall over.
- 950km is really too far to drive in one day.
Would we do it again? Of course…